top of page
This section covers the following topics:
Data regulations in commerce
Understanding the difference between geographic and sectoral regulations
Determining which regulations apply to your organization
A Brief Recap Before You Leave
- Data that describes an individual's identity does not belong to the organisation, but to the individual.
- There can be real damage that occurs from identity theft.
- Yes, organisations do handle data, and they are obligated ethically and legally to protect that data.
- Regulations were designed to protect individuals and their identity, not make business difficult.
- Over one-hundred countries have implemented data protection regulations.
- Different regulations will apply for not only organisation's is location, but also according to the nationality of each individual whose data you manage.
bottom of page