top of page
This section covers the following topics:
The purpose and audience of a privacy notice
The objectives of a privacy notice
Where a privacy notice should be published
An example privacy notice for a fictitious company called Acme Services
This “Privacy Notice Advisory Site” is provided as guidance and does not constitute legal advice. We hope this page is helpful to you as a reference. At the bottom of this page, you can contact us if you'd like assistance or have any questions.
A Brief Recap Before You Leave
- Data that describes an individual's identity does not belong to the organisation, but to the individual.
- There can be real damage that occurs from identity theft.
- Yes, organisations do handle data, and they are obligated ethically and legally to protect that data.
- Regulations were designed to protect individuals and their identity, not make business difficult.
- Over one-hundred countries have implemented data protection regulations.
- Different regulations will apply for not only organisation's is location, but also according to the nationality of each individual whose data you manage.
bottom of page